The words 'all' and 'whole' sometimes mean the same thing, but they aren't used exactly the same way. You have to watch those pesky prepositions! Sometimes 'all' is combined with 'of' but 'whole' doesn't work that way.
You can say:
All my life, or
All of my life,
and you can say:
My whole life,
but not:
whole of my life
Example sentences:
I have lived in the US all my life.
I have lived in the US all of my life.
I have lived in the US my whole life.
It was the best time I’ve had in my whole life.
My whole life has been an adventure.
I spent the whole day talking online.
I spend almost all my time alone.
I spend almost all of my time alone.
This whole exercise is about 'whole' and 'all'. I hope all of it, the whole thing, is helpful to you.
That's all!
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment