Monday, August 23, 2010

Are you in?

More fun with prepositions--everybody's favorite!! 
What's "in" it for me??

Cat: What in the world are you doing in there? 
Mouse: I’m taking a load off my feet. 
Cat: But you’re in the closet! 
Mouse: I know. It’s quiet in here. I’m resting my mind too. 
Cat: Why don't you turn on the light? Isn’t it dark in there? 
Mouse: Yes, I like the dark. It's easy on my eyes. 

Tom: Where in the world are you going in such a hurry? 
Jack: I’m applying for a job. I’ve got to turn in my resume. The time will run out in an hour. Then I’ll be in big trouble for sure. 
Tom: Is this job in your field? 
Jack: In a sense. I have experience in talking in front of people and this job is in sales. 
Tom: I hope you’re not in for a disappointment. It’s tough to sell things in hard times like these. 
Jack: I’m trying to think in a positive way about this. The products I’d be selling are in demand in every economic situation. 
Tom: Even in a recession? 
Jack: Yes. I read an encouraging article in the latest Time magazine. I’ll be in the money and on top of the world in no time! 

Are you in a hurry? I hope you're on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment